Monday, December 13, 2010

A warning of tomorrow

The scream of a kallaxon rang in my ears awaking me from a deep sleep. I raise from the bed making my way toward the door way to try and figure out what is going on. The door opens as I near it revealing a dimly light corridor. I step into the corridor the ship lurches as it is impacted by something. I can feel the heat from an exploding panel as yellow sparks and orange flames fly next to my face. I begin to make my way towards the larger corridor that I can see from the door way of my room. My pace quickens as I see others running down the large corridor. I reach the junction looking to the right I see a fire engulfing the rear end of the corridor. Turning to the left I make my way towards an emergency bulkhead. I stop sensing something and look over my shoulder to see a young women leading a child of no more than twelve or elven by the hand. I open my mouth to tell them to hurry just as another impact throws me across the hall slamming me into the wall. My head spinning as I regain my balance I look towards the bulkhead where the women and child had been. I see the women laying half way between the corridor and the bulkhead. I grab the dazed women and drag her onto the other side of the bulkhead. As I stand to get the child the emergency bulkhead doors slams shut and seals to prevent a breach. The women regaining her senses jumps to her feet and throws hers against the bulkhead, screaming for it to open. Over the womens shoulder I can see the young girl crying on the floor. I stand watching the scene in disbelief as a bright beams of white light rip through floor exposing the rear of the corridor to the blackness of space. The force of the vaccum sucking the child out into space. The mother lets out a blood curtling scream, she turns away from the door and grips my robe as she cries into my shoulder. I stand silent looking at the blackness, a glitter catches my eye I look at it and see the sun reflecting across the sharpened tip of the blade attached to a Sansha's Phantasm cruiser.

It’s the same dream that’s haunted me for the past few nights, The women the girl I feel as if I should know them. Those that are responsible for their deaths the Sansha. I’ve wondered to myself just what I am going to do if I am strong enough to resist the temptations that have led me so far astray. How would a traitor like me best start to repent his sins.
The answer I have come too is the Sansha. They have been taking millions of people as slaves. A fate no Amarrian citizen deserves. I believe I will devote myself to the cause of protecting the innocents of the empire from this aggressor. It should keep me far from the temptations I would face trying to reintergrate with the Amarr Militia in the fight against the Minmatar Republic. A war… well let me just say I have mixed feelings

I payed a visit to Shalee the other night to see if she would follow through on her promise to help guide me as I make the steps to repent the actions I have taken against my god, and empire. I am worried about her, she is strong but she seems tired as if shes had the weight of New Eden pressing down on her shoulders for far too long. No one should carry such a burden alone.

Of the few loyalists I have come in contact with since my return to the empire young Onesimus Theodoulos, has been the most… Flamboyent in showing their disdain for me. He threatened to kill me in the Keep while I was meeting with Shalee, and got himself a good chewing out. I need to thank her for sticking up for me god knows no one else in that room would have.

No comments:

Post a Comment